Monday, February 21, 2005

Alright...I get the message

One of my discoveries the past year has been the gift of poetry...writing it, reading it, talking about it. When I first started writing poetry, about a year ago, I felt like a conduit to some higher poet. Words just tumbled out of me onto the page. It's slowing down now and I miss it and am wondering if it was just a passing phase. It's been about six months since I've written something from beginning to end. There are bits and pieces of poems floating around in me, but nothing more than fragmented thoughts...disconnected (or appears to be disconnected).

It was suggested to me on Saturday that I get off my butt and start writing again. Then, I received the following quote this morning:

"But words came halting forth, wanting Invention’s stay;Invention, Nature’s child, fled step-dame Study’s blows...Biting my truant pen, beating myself for spite,‘Fool,’ said my Muse to me; ‘look in thy heart and write.’" - Sir Philip Sidney

OK...so I get the message.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger KC said...

Sounds like you're describing two places for which I've memorized the address -- that place where words flow and that place where the only word seems to be "no." I'm so glad you're sharing from the abundance. Here's hoping that in the daily "doing" of life, your creative self with be inspired to continue chronicling the "being."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home