Sunday, July 03, 2005

Exceeding All My Dreams

"I have just dropped into the very place I have been seeking, but in everything it exceeds all my dreams." Isabella Bird

These words are inscribed on a box of stationery I was using to write thank you notes to the people who were instrumental in helping me arrive at this juncture. Isn't it funny how the most innocuous things seem to tie together at pivotal moments in our lives?

It has come to pass that I stand on the precipice of achieving my dream of absolute freedom. In a few short weeks, my brown dog and I move to rural Tennessee to write full time. We will leave the security of home, family, friends to live simply and quietly in a bucolic setting. My spirit is vibrating with excitement, anticipation and a little fear. In church this morning, someone said that the presence of fear is an indication we are standing very near to clarity. So I embrace all of the emotions present and eagerly set my course to clarity and peace and the grace to embrace the journey. Traveling companions are most welcome as this dream unfolds.

Here's a link to my destination: www.penuelridge.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home