Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Mosaic

Bending but not breaking
Breaking but not shattering
Shattering but not clattering as I hit the ground

Gathering but not mending
Mending but not tending
Tending but not nurturing fragments found

Weathered hands swirl the pan
In sunlight
hungry eyes search murky soup
for glints of gold

Reflecting but not shining
Shining but not glowing
Glowing but not radiating
from within

Stepping but not dancing
Dancing but not laughing
Laughing but not crying
where do I begin?

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger KC said...

Interesting to read words/images of such restraint when you've recently been so focused on throwing off such things. I really like this one. The cyclical nature of life is captured well.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Finding the Happy said...

As the words to this poem came out of me, I was rattled to my corps and prompted a realization that the work I've been doing to "throw off such things" has been in earnest and with positive results, but has taken me to a deeper level in my spirit that I didn't consciously know existed, but now needs to be illuminated and healed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home