Thursday, March 03, 2005

Drama at the Theatre

It's late....I'm still at work...I need to be home packing for my move tomorrow but today has been filled with drama...drama at the theatre. This morning, one of my co-workers had a brain aneurysm sitting at her desk in the box office. She's in ICU and we are praying that the most brilliant doctors and nurses are caring for her. She is a gem, a sparkling, shining gem of a woman who emotes genuine love and compassion for everyone.

We didn't know what to do after the ambulance sped away, so we gathered in the lobby of the theatre, formed a circle and said prayers aloud. When we called her daughter, she wouldn't leave work to be at her mother's side. What have we become as a society when our workforce doesn't feel at liberty to respond to an urgent call? People really piss me off sometimes.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger KC said...

My God! What a show of community and what a show of insanity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home